- 1 small pumpkin or 2 butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds total), peeled, seeded, and cut into dice
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 package baby arugula
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the dressing:
- Chipotle & Cashew Butter
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl combine diced pumpkin, drained garbanzo beans, olive oil, salt, ground pepper, granulated garlic and ground cumin; toss to combine. Spread in the prepared baking pan. Roast about 35 minutes or until the pumpkin and the garbanzo beans have a nice caramel color. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, arrange arugula on a large serving platter or bowl. Top with cooled pumpkin, garbanzo beans, pumpkin seeds, and dried cherries.
- For dressing, in a small bowl take a couple spoons of Chipotle & Cashew Butter and mix this with some olive oil until it has a consistency of a salad dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper. Toss the salad gently. Enjoy it :)!